Just like most folks, I’m always looking for new tips and tricks for my health. I just got finished reading this new book – The Gene Therapy Plan: Taking Control of Your Genetic Destiny with Diet & Lifestyle by Dr. Gaynor. The book just clicked with me. Let me tell you, in my humble opinion, the book is fantastic. The author goes through the exact foods that you should eat, what to avoid, and most importantly, why to do it. Dr. Gaynor goes into great detail on how to avoid long term diseases (ex. cancer, diabetes, heart disease) from formulating in your body by making small tweaks to your lifestyle and diet. Most diseases take 20+ years to fully formulate, which is why most people have a higher chance of cancer later in life.
I highly recommend this as a read and it wasn’t too difficult to follow along. The author provides not only the foods to eat, but recipes that are easy to follow and taste good. Below are the top 10 foods to eat/drink for healthy skin.
1. Plums – eat them raw or in a salad tossed with a homemade vinegarette
2. Salmon – Salmon is a cold water fish that is loaded with omega 3’s that are essential to great skin. Try it grilled, baked, or broiled
3. Walnuts – These are best eaten raw, but like plums, can make a great addition to a salad or substitute the croutons for a crunch.
4. Brazil Nuts – Walnuts cousin and a big larger in the nut family. These are best consumed raw or with dash of naturally ground sea salt.
5. Green Tea – Green Tea is great for so many health situations, just add healthy skin to the mix. The antioxidants are linked to specific genes and lowering your chances at cancer.
6. Water – Drink 8 glasses per day (pretty easy one)
7. Spinach – this leafy green is packed with great nutrients for your skin
8. Peas – these little green guys are low fat, low calories, and have good stuff to fight cancers.
9. Apricots – add on top of the great skin care positives that apricots give off, they also are great for vitamin C and reducing cancer risk.
10. Black Sesame Seeds – these seeds are rich with omega-6 fatty acids, vitamins and dietary fibre along with all the health benefits.
Stick to all these health benefits and enjoy healthier skin. If you have extra time, grab the book by Dr. Gaynor and set yourself up for a healthier lifestyle with small tweaks to your lifestyle.
If you have any feedback, please don’t hesitate to send an idea across